Updated: Nov 21, 2020
SPELT, Banana & Chocolate CAKE
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan), lay baking tin with parchment paper. (I used 2lb loaf tin)
· 40g. cornflour or potato starch
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
· pinch of sea salt
· handful of dark chocolate pieces (cut good quality dark chocolate into small chunks)
· 3 large ripe bananas + 1 for putting on top
· 1 egg (optional if making it vegan, but egg gives volume to the cake)
· 90 g of oil (rapeseed, olive, avocado or melted coconut)
· 80-100 g maple syrup or fresh not yet crystallised honey
· 1 table spoon of raw apple vinegar (or 2 tbsp of lemon juice)
In one bowl mix all dry ingredients together,
In another bowls, mash 3 bananas and add all other wet ingredients, mix them well with balloon whisk.
Then put dry ingredients in and mix everything together until combined, do not overmix.
Top with half sliced banana (you can sprinkle some brown sugar on top to make it look “pictures” ) and bake for 35-45 minutes.