Updated: Feb 10
· A can of organic Chick peas
· 2 tbsp of tahini (I use Belazu brand as others I find too bitter)
· 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
· 1 garlic clove
· 0.5 tsp of salt
· 5 tbsp of drained chickpea water
· If you like smoked flavour, add a teaspoon of smoked paprika powder or sprinkle some cayenne pepper if you like it hot.
Add all ingredients into powerful blender or food processor and blend together, stopping to scrape the sides and add drained chick pea water to loosen the mixture if needed. Blend until you reach desired consistency.
Sprinkle with chilli flakes, cayenne pepper or fresh herbs or just ground pepper, drizzle some olive oil and top with toasted pine nuts if you have them :)
Enjoy with vegetables, baked potatoes, pitta, ciabatta or home-made sourdough sticks
P.S. I used to make Hummus without tahini before, but honestly, it's not the same... Tahini is a must ingredients as it gives not just the right consistency, but also flavour.