You will need:
2 large organic eggs
1 tsp of sugar
Pinch of salt
200g -300g of plain flour
grated apple, courgette or finely grated carrot (optional, but adds nutrients and fiber)
1. Mix egg yolks with sugar and salt
2. Add flour and milk and whisk with balloon whisk until all well combined.
3. Then add water to loosen the batter. You might need more or less water, depending on the flour brand you use as it’s differ a lot, so don't add it all at once. Batter should be quite thick.
4. stir in grated veggies (if you're adding them)
5. In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until stiff peaks. Fold into the batter and incorporate gently with a spatula or wooden spoon.
Fry into preheated frying pan with a table spoon of flavourless oil (sunflower or rapeseed)
I lay paper towel on the plate and put baked pancakes on it, cover with lid to keep them warm until baking others. (Paper towel absorbs the excess oil.)
Enjoy it with Honey and Greek yogurt, Fresh berries and mascarpone or ricotta cheese, melted chocolate and bee pollen……. Or whatever you fancy really :)