You will need:
1 tbsp of sugar
4 tbsp of milk
2 tbsp of sunflower or rapeseed oil
200 g plain flour
400 ml cold water
Pinch of salt
1. Mix eggs, sugar, milk and salt together (I use balloon whisk for this)
2. Then add oil, flour and half of the water, mix well with same balloon whisk until no clumps left. You will have to whisk it hard as batter will be very thick and keep adding the rest of the water. Mix it very well until batter will be smooth.
3. Leave it stand for 10-20 min. in this time flour will absorb the water and batter will become more elastic. If it’s too thick, add al little bit more water and mix well again. Batter should be runny but heavy, not watery.
4. Preheat frying pan and start cooking. I wet paper towel with oil and rub the pan with, then pour a batter (amount depends on the size of you pan, but twist the hot pan while pouring the batter that it would spread around and cove all pan.
5. Then use your imagination of what you’d like to eat it with: butter, honey and lemon juice, banana and runny melted chocolate, jam and cream, fresh berries, honey and bee pollen etc. You can also wrap the banana in it or spread ricotta cheese and crispy bacon. Choices are limitless.
Hope you will enjoy baking and eating.
TIP: If you have a blender, you can add all ingredients to it and it will do all the mixing for you. Batter is always very smooth when mixing with the blender.