Updated: Nov 12, 2020
It's sooo good and nutritious, that you can eat it for breakfast! It's refined sugar FREE too!
Follow us on Instagram for more ideas, tips and inspiration .
Refined Sugar free Apple & Spelt crumble
Preheat the oven to 180°C Fan, or increase to 200°C if no Fan.
Prepare a baking dish by smudging it's all walls and corners with butter/coconut oil/vegan block.
· 4-6 apples if you like, peeled, cored and sliced into chunks (I used 6 large as we like a more wet crumble) I use a mixture of cooking and normal apples. Cooking apple gives wetness and dessert apple gives sweetness
· Also, if you have a banana, cut it in – gives a really good flavour.
· a hand-full of dried currants or raisins
· 2-3 tea spoons of good quality organic ground cinnamon (skip it if you don’t like cinnamon)
· optional – pieces of Dark Chocolate, mhhhhh……it’s a treat when it melts
Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl and spread into prepared baking dish, or you can mix it all straight into baking dish to save washing up J
· 1.5 cup of Cook&Bake Stoneground Organic Spelt flour (just simply a measuring cup, or a 200ml. mug or milk glass).
· 1.5 cup of Organic Oat flakes (your favourite ones)
· 140 - 160g either good quality butter (I used Naturli organic vegan block) or you can use extra virgin coconut oil too, but you might need a bit more of it.
· 1 - 2 tea spoons of good quality ground cinnamon (optional if you don't like cinnamon)
· Optional – 2 table spoons of sugar if you like it sweet (dried cane juice, coconut palm sugar or brown)
Put all these ingredients into a bowl and crumble the fat, flour and oats with your fingers until its mixed through. Then scatter this mixture on top. (cover your fruit mixture)
Bake for 40-45min.
We like it with Greek style yogurt and freshly brewed “Trio of Mint” tea.
…and if you have leftovers, try it the next morning for breakfast.
Hope you will like it too.
It’s nutritious, healthy and delicious.